Start Date: 5/5/2022 8:30 AM PDT
End Date: 5/5/2025 5:00 PM PDT
Credit Card Payments Only
7 CLE credits
WDTL Members: $225
Non Members: $300
You are purchasing an on demand video.
Following registration, you will receive an email with a link to the video and instructions for obtaining CLE credit. You are responsible for submitting your CLE credit.
Chair: Jason Vacha, Reed McClure
• Jason Vacha, Reed McClure
Insurance Case Law Update
• Pam DeVet, Lee Smart
• Nicole Morrow, Forsberg & Umlauf
• Galina Kletser Jakobson, Forsberg & Umlauf
Stipulated Settlements, Reasonableness
• Paul Rosner, Soha & Lang
• Coreen Wilson, Wieck Wilson
• Natalie Heineman, Forsberg & Umlauf
Personal Counsel and Insurance Attorney Relationships and Dynamics: Friends? Foes? Frenemies?
• Tom Ahearne, Foster Garvey
• Roger Hillman, Paramount Law Group
Assisting Insurer Clients with Reservations of Rights Letters
• Joe Hampton, Betts Patterson & Mines
Putting on a Coverage Case with Judges of Varied Backgrounds
• Judge Dean Lum (Ret.), JAMS
COVID Litigation Update
• Kim Reppart, Forsberg & Umlauf
Panel Discussion of Short Topics
• Federal Bench Update – Ryan Hesselgesser, Forsberg & Umlauf
• UIM Prepayments - Kim Reppart, Forsberg & Umlauf
*Including an analysis of the new Beasley v. Geico case
• EPC, post Xia – Geoff Bedell, Soha & Lang
• T-Mobile Bench Update – Ryan Hesselgesser, Forsberg & Umlauf
Chair Jason Vacha is a shareholder at Reed McClure practices in the areas of insurance coverage (including litigation of bad faith and extra-contractual claims), insurance defense, general civil litigation and appellate litigation. He has a J.D. from the University of Washington School of Law and a B.A. from Gonzaga University. Mr. Vacha has been named a Thomson Reuters Rising Star each year from 2012 — 2016.
Mr. Vacha was raised in Spokane, Washington. He is admitted to practice in the State of Washington, the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Vacha has experience representing insurance carriers in complex insurance coverage, underinsured motorist, and alleged bad faith matters. He also has experience representing corporations, companies, and individuals in personal injury, premises liability, construction defect, and breach of contract claims.
Mr. Vacha is Chair of the Insurance Practice Section of the Washington Defense Trial Lawyers and a regular contributor to the Insurance Litigation Reporter, a semi-monthly publication, reviewing recent developments of national significance in insurance law.