Benefits of Volunteering
- Network with civil defense attorneys from all areas of Washington
- Get involved in a committee or task force that interests you and develop leadership skills and peer recognition.
- Share your volunteer contributions for WDTL with your clients such as published articles or information about your participation as a speaker at a legal seminar.
- Hone speaking skills at seminars and other meetings.
- Meet experienced attorneys and leaders of the defense bar.
- Camaraderie, Collegiality, Friendships
- Professional Development and Growth
- Get your name and your firm’s name out in front of your peer group.
- Gain recognition from the WDTL Board as a future leader of WDTL.
- Obtain practice tips and case referrals through meetings with other defense attorneys.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Contact one of the Committee Chairs or Practice Section Chairs listed above and get involved in their committee.
- Contact the WDTL President or Executive Director and they can guide you to the volunteer activity that best suits your interests and time schedule.
WDTL offers volunteer opportunities that range from welcoming members and judges at the annual Fall reception to finding a speaker for a one hour CLE lunch program to chairing a seminar. There are opportunities for all time schedules and levels of experience! Contact Maggie Sweeney (email@example.com), WDTL Executive Director for more information.